And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Why Phoenix?

March 2002 my life change. I would like to say for the better but the jury is still out on that. I was in a serious relationship that ended. I'll spare you all the details. In any event, with heartbreak comes much to get off your chest. So yes I had much to say.

I have alway written poetry and stuff since college, but I never took my liking of it seriously until the BREAKUP. I always thought I was somewhat creative and had a desire to "write" . In college only a few people knew I wrote poetry but I never really shared any of it. I was too shy to share that part of me and afraid that people wouldn't like it. Well that all changed. I felt I had gone through a change a metamorphosis, if you will. It was like the old me had died and a new and improved me was reborn. Now don't get it twisted, this change didn't happen over night. I'm still in the process of change, but you can believe I'm different now.

It's funny how some people can see you clearly before you can see yourself. A dear friend wrote me a note upon my arrival back to NY. It went something like this, "Do you know the significance you who you are? You are much like the Phoenix, a butterfly, the ugly duckling. There is a rebirth. A metamorphosis from one stage to another. One that is beautiful and fulfilling." Thanks DW - I love you.

That note is on my refrigerator. It reminds me everyday of who I am and all that will become. Adversity has made me reevaluate and rediscover myself. So that is why when I write I use Phoenix as my pen name.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said…

    blah blah blah. You were warned about that negro by yours truly, But I didn't push the issue figured "Phoenix is a smart gal she'll put the pieces to Hammer Heads puzzle together in no time and kick his ass to the curb in six months." To my surprise Hammer Head was more crafty than I thought and was able to hide his true self from you until he was in a position where he no longer needed you. WHAM!!!! MR Hyde surfaced and took a part of you that you may never get back.

    Whew!! Been wanting to say that for awhile.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ mr. slish - yeah whatever. the blog wasn't about him, it was about how I got my pen name. you always want to be starting trouble. lol

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BLah blah you ain't the first and won't be the last say a prayer and get over it (let go) you seem smart enough

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    damn, slish is hardcore. sounds like bruh been saving those comment for a minute. nonetheless, you continue to come through that cocoon and emerge more beautifuy than before. do your thang, madam b. holla, dw

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Anonymous #1 - you just won't give me a break I see. That's alright though.

    @ anonymous #2 - thanks you Fine ass Kappa you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home