And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Those Damn Huaraches

Don't you at the end of a long day want to come home to you castle and just chill? Well I had this in mind for today. That is until I pull and park my car next to my building. There is a nice little house right next door to my building, unassuming in nature. But why as I walk to go in the side door do I hear this damn pinyata music (Mexican/Latin music) playing all loud. Mind you it is 4:45 in the afternoon and I don't want to hear all that noise. Unfortunately for me my window faces right out over the house. Damn I'm pissed. It's not even May yet and the Huaraches (Mexican/Latinos/Hispanics) are already cooking out. They will continue this behavior until the first frost of Fall.

Not let me give you some background here. About 3 years ago this small family moves into this house. It was three adults and two children. At first I could tell what language they were speaking but I knew it wasn't English. Lightweight thought they were speaking Arabic or something. sidebar: she thought everyone was a terrorist back then. After a month or so I figured out it was Spanish they were speaking. Okay cool I thought to myself. But, damn then it happened. As soon as they got use to their surrounds - Huaraches just started popping out the woodwork like frikin roaches. I swear. They would cook out every single day weather permitting (and even sometimes when it wasn't cook weather) and stay out until the wee hours of the night. I guess that is how they do.

Now I'm off in the summer and I likes to get my sleep on whenever possible so I don't need any disturbances before 9:30-10:00 am. But WHY, why did they let a baby Huarache outside early in the morning yelling at the top of her lungs. This went on for one entire summer. I was so tempted to call child protective services on their asses, but I was persuaded not to. Damn I should have went with my instinct to call, then maybe I would be writing this blog to day cause their Huarache asses would have been deported back to wherever the hell they came from.

About two months ago I'm chilling at home minding my own business when I hear fire engines coming down the block. I'm like "oh Shit" it sounds like they are stopping at my building." I look out my window and see them pull up in front of Huarache central. I'm like "awe hell no this can't be happening." Mind you my car is parked directly in front of their house. I'm think the place better not blow. Next thing I notice is firemen going in and out. This goes on for about 30 minutes or so. No flames, no smoke, nothing. Whew I'm glad, but I'm still puzzled as to why the fire trucks were called. When the family was given the okay to go back in, don't you know I counted at least 15 people. About 9 adults and 6 children. And some of the women were pregnant. See just like roaches.

So can you understand my grip when I cam home today. It's not even like the food they cook smells good. It must taste like lighter fluid cause that is all I ever smell.

13 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl, Girl , Girl.... you know I know. I'm scared to come to your house. I still don't think they are Haraches....I think they are terrorist on the DL.They are setting up shop over there. Be careful. :) :) Anyway, about their loud ignorant asses that are not used to anything.... call the cops on them. There is a noise ordinance in the town.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger PhillyLive said…

    Phoenix, it can't be that bad.. We don't have a lot of Mexican in Philly but the ones we have do not live in my neighborhood so I do feel for you... Anyway, you know they are famous for packing 10 to 15 people in a house. Do they have a Licenses & Inspections Department in NY??? They would not have made it one day in Philly wit all them people in the crib. L&I would have kicked them niggas out and boarded up the crib because that would be considered a occupancy or zoning violation... You might need to move or check the zoning laws.. (LMAO).......

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    LMAO @ Haraches!!! WOW...I think I have to agree with Lighweight...call the cops on they're "meda meda" azzes. You know now that they fighting these immigration laws them fukkers think the are America. First your block then mine...they taking over man!!!

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger EqualOpportunityCrush said…

    lol.. you had me rofl with this post..dead @ pinyata music! too much..

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Paula D. said…

    Huaraches....I'm over here dying laughing!

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said…

    I don't know why you're in such denial. YOU MEXICAN!!!! Thats why your so drawn to them. Brings you back to that little village in me-hee-co you were stolen from...lol

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Lightweight: girl I know they could be a front for terrorist. I'll be the neighborhood watch all by myself. LOL

    @ Phillylive: good idea. I'm gonna check into who is incharge of illegal units in NY.

    they got four cars in the driveway/front yard right now. Damn shame.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger divine oasis said…

    so why were the uniforms there?

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Black people black people I'm reading this blog and these comments with my jaw on the floor. I expect these comments from white people but not from black people that should know what it's like to have others say negative things about them.
    And personally I think they should become citizens and I would march with them over this illegal immigration issue.

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger i like liquor and tv said…

    rofl...I hate annoying neighbors too.

    The fire trucks came because they were probably trying to grill indoors since it was cool outside that night.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ divine oasis: maybe the uniforms were there like liquor/tv said.. cause they were trying to grill indoors.

    @ Michael: Now don't be mad with me. I'm just calling it as I see it. I would do the same if it were a bunch of trifilin Neegros living next door. I may even be more mad if it was black people.

    @ liquor/tv : you are probably right about grilling indoors.. lol

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    They live TOO deep for me. It wouldn't be me.

    KZ

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Zed: I need to get a new head count this summer. I bet they are up to 20 people.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home