And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Why

Hey I just want to get something off my chest. I come home from a hard days work (not really that hard) and turn on my TV to watch a little something. I decide to watch a TiVO of the Ellen show. She's funny and for the most part she has good guests. I don't know what day of this week or last I was watching, but she was in Orlando for the show. Right after she does her little monologue at the beginning she always goes around the audience dancing. WHY can't Saltines clap on beat????? I got so annoyed looking at them jack up the beat to Kanye West' s song Testify. They were all off beat. If there are any Saltines reading this please help me understand. What is it? Saltines have a mutation on the rhythm gene or something. They were all off. When they should have been clapping to the eighth beat they were clapping to a sixteenth beat - all fast. It just don't make no damn sense. Some of them looked as if they were applauding to a song. How about just don't clap especially to hiphop and R&B.

Whew, I feel a little better, but I erased the whole episode because of that. It was just WRONG!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said…

    I don't think Saltines (hilarious, by the way...never heard them called that before!) don't really listen to the beat. They just dance. A song comes on and they just move. They don't even try to be on beat. They can't clap, dance or do anything in rhythm because they don't listen FOR the rhythm. To them, they're just having a good time. But yes, it's quite obnoxious to watch. They're quite obnoxious period.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Leslie - thanks for the clarification. Obnoxious is a very good word for them.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    You guys didn't know...they rule the world so for all intents and purposes they are on beat and we are the ones screwing the shyt up. I can't stand them....Ughhhhhhhhhh!

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ nonamenoagenosex - and what do you know aboutit. How is your rhythm?

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger i like liquor and tv said…

    they clap to the words, not the beat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home