And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A conversation

Today I was driving home and I was on the cell talking to my "jump off". Yeah I have a friend who has benefits. Whatever, don't be rolling eyes at me. I already know it is not an ideal situation but it is what it is and until someone comes along that make me want to commit fully, then this will be my guilty pleasure. Oh but back to what we were talking about.

We were talking about being in love (not with each other) and having your heart broken. Does anyone out there know what I'm talkin bout? Can I get an AMEN if you've been there. But anywho - this cat is one of they most nonemotional people I know. But here he was talking about how he had his heart broken in college. Damn, I thinking it must have been pretty funny cause Dude rarely shows his sensitive side. He was saying how he was getting his act together and this girl (a Delta - go soror) stepped all over his poor little heart. So I ask has he ever been in love since. Nope he replies and doesn't think that he will. That's a damn shame I'm thinking to myself. But then I rethink that thought cause I've had my heart broken and I say the same stupid thing, "Hell no I ain't never gonna let somebody get that close enough so that they can break my heart". I'm a liar - I hope that I do love someone so deeply again that they could break my heart. That is the best kind of love - when you love deep. I said deep not stupid, okay. So for those of you out there try love and love deep okay.

Oh so back to the conversation. We both realize that this is a topic we don't want to discuss with each other and change the subject. It gets changed to "one night stands." Yeah the other end of the spectrum. Now if you never had a one night stand - I recommend it to everyone. Now I'm not saying have them all the time, but I think everyone should at least experience it once. Let me be clear with what I'm saying to you - at least ONCE. This don't mean go out and pick up the first guy/girl you meet. It should be someone you are acquainted with and are attracted to - please. Yes I've had my one night stand and let's just say it was a very nice experience and I'm glad I did it. I felt empowered because if I wanted to, I could have kept seeing the brotha. But I never set out to have a relationship with him. I wanted to see what he was working with. Sista's yall know damn well there is some guy out there who you know you want to see what he is working with. Ooo the flash back is making me smile. But since I'm all grown up now, I'm looking for a meaningful relationship with a man who is intelligent, far from crazy, employed (legally), handsome, got his own place, his own ride, and his own money (not asking to borrow some from me) and can blow my back out and make my eyes cross.

So my "friend with benefits" says he can completely relate to what I'm saying from a dudes perspective. He cosigns on my opinion. Funny we can talk like that and not get our situation all twisted. However I'm sure he has had more than 1 one night stand. He begins to tell me a few stories. I'm amused - sounds like the average black man. All I can hope for the both of us, is that one day we both find that special somebody whether for one night or for eternity.


We end our conversation cause I'm home by this point. We say our good byes...:-)

19 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    I've been trying to have a one-night-stand...but I already have this self-hate thing with sex...so...chance of me EVER having a one-night-stand SUCK!
    (yea yea, read into that what you will...lol)

    ...I did have sex with a guy friend once...then we did it one more gen....so that didn't count for the 1-nighter...hmmm, is there such thing as a 2-night stand? Well hell, now there is...I JUST MADE IT UP!!!
    lol

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said…

    You're already cross eyed...lmaof..

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Blogger EqualOpportunityCrush said…

    so i must ask.. who do you think is going to complicate this situation first? you or him? Do you see yourself falling for him at all?

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You sound very lonely. Anyone who recommends a one night stand has to be dealing with some deep down issues. One night stands might be seen as ok if your young and dumb but being old and dumb. Not attractive. Maybe try loving yourself then maybe the right man will come along. Until then, continue with your one night stands and jump offs (your words) and see where you end up.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Big Trev said…

    I haven't had a one-night stand in a loooong time. I remember once spending an entire weekend with a chick at my place then never seeing or speaking to her again.

    Someone close to me once said she has a lot of 2-3 months stands instead of the one night version, ya know the kind that's super hot and heavy for like a month or two then kinda just falls apart as quickly as it started.

    @ Anon: If you felt that strongly you shoulda kept your comments to yourself. You so full of shit. At least man-up and stand behind what you say. Jeez, so typical...people be poppin so much shit then got the nerve to hide!!

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    I am so mad at Anonymous right now. That shyt kills me, you all braveheart because you can log in anonymously? That's some real wack shyt right there...I swear fo Gawd I can't stand people who think what they have to say is important but then what to hide behind their words (literally).

    @Phoenix...your love is on the way girl just be patient. So you don't have real "feelings" for jump off? I internalize situations to much so I could never be sucessful in the friends with benefits situation. Either I want more from them or they want more from me and it just makes for bad business. I guess I car too much and don't want to hurt people (like I seem to be doing with Nation of Islam LOL!!)...Aw Gawd I gotta get my shyt together.

    Anyway, good post and tell Anonymous to KISS YOUR AZZ!!!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blogs are for people to read and comment on. If you don't like it, then don't blog. I've been blogging for over 2 years now and it makes me laugh when people get offended by what others have to say. How about this, slide your fat butts away from your computer for a minute, go outside and take a walk around the projects i'm sure you all live in and meet some people. Pricks

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ blah blah blah : you had a 2 night stand - same general difference.... I hope you one day get over your self-hate thing with sex.

    @slish - takes one to know one. LOL

    A equalopportunitycrush - it will be him to fall first if anyone will.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ anonymous : first of all if you read my blog carefully you would have read that I said I have had 1 one night stand (not many). Also, I am dealing with a friend with whom I currently have sex with. To some they may call this a relationship/someone they are seeing. I don't use that term because he and I have agreed to not have it be a couple thing. We keep it real with each other. Another thing, just for your information, I am not lonely nor am I dumb!

    I guess you completely overlooked the second paragraph. In it I talk about love and a deep loving relationship. If I were a youngin, I most likely would not be able to give my opinion on this subject because most youngins in their early twenties/mid twenties haven't experienced a heart break type love and/or a 1 night stand. they have some living to do.

    As for you since it seems you are going to negatively comment on my blogs, at least you could "man" or "woman" up and put a name.

    Whatever much love to you!

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Big Trev and Roycee: Thanks for holding me down!!!!! One love!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Noagenosexnocity - yes you are taking tremendous leaps. My "partner" (and I say that very loosely) has great quailities and some not so great quailities. So what it boils down to is that he is not the one for me and nor I for him and we recognize that. but in the mean time we enjoy each other's company and we have enjoyable sex togther. That's it nothing more to it really.

    I can't believe some folks are having difficulty with this concept. And what is your status?

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    Oh I just want to say one thing really quick...

    @Anonymous...FUK YOU!!!

    That's all...everyone have a wonderful night...SMOOCHIES!

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    Love is over-fucking-rated.

    KZ

    P.S. You gotta love anonymous comments. You have to. It's the law!

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    I haven't had a one-night stand since college, but it would be my luck that the one one-night stand I had was not that experienced. It left a lot to be desired. If it happens again, I hope its worth it.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger i like liquor and tv said…

    I've been trying to have a one night stand, but every potential contestant always says something dumb just in time for me to change my mind.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    Miss DST, can I get some new shyt please??? Ya'll killin me...I come looking for a new read and nothing. Oh what everyone done went and got a life now and forgot to grab one for Royce's Daughter hunh?

    That's Ok, I'm going out tonight to let somemore white men and lezbo's hit on me...forget ya'll!!!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said…

    one night stands are fine. Everybody needs just primal sex every now and again. There's nothing wrong with it.

    peace be with you all
    ace

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Rev. Ace - amen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home