And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

High School Crush

Yeah it's been awhile since my last blog, but this is the busy time of year for me at work and when I get home I don't feel like doing much of anything.

Anywho, I just came from a funeral. For those of you who have children please get things in "order" cause you never know when it's going to be your time. Life insurance and a will is not just for Saltines. Most of us have had family or you know someone who has had a family member pass and there was barely enough money to buy a coffin let alone pay for a funeral. If your parents are aging please sit them down and find out about their last wishes. I'm speaking from experience (my dad passed when I was 25). It's hard to make some of the necessary decisions if you are not sure what your loved one may have wanted.
Oh okay back to the story. So the choir I am in was asked to sing at this funeral for this older man in my home town. The church was packed. It was a great sight to see many old familiar faces and all the love in the room. Anyway as I was a walking across the foyer of the church I see this dude standing in line to sign the guest book. I do a double take and sure enough it was this guy I had a crush on in high school.

I was in the 11th grade and he was sophomore. I thought he was the cutest thing, but I never told anyone that I was feeling him like that. Anyway I think ole' boy had a crush on me then too. He was a football player with the "black man's curse" - skinny legs but I thought he still was a cutie. We knew each other fairly well. We both participated in YTL (youth tackle league)as kids and in high school I was a cheerleader (for yall ladies who didn't make the team don't hate - LOL) so of course we knew all the players (you know also for that cheer - Such and such he's my man if he can't do it....) and we were in the Black Culture Club together, where I was an officer.

Anyway, back in HS the BCC went on this weekend retreat at The Castle. It was some camp ground in the woods in upper Westchester. Everyone in the club was all siked to go. Now we were told that we had to bring our own food cause there wasn't
a cafeteria or mess hall or anything like that. Don't you know I don't think anyone ate a decent meal that entire weekend. All I remember was coolers full of liquor and beer and the smokers of course had their smoke. I lucked out cause my mom was one of the chaperone so I ate well. But truth be told the chaperones had their cocktails flowing. So the entire weekend "Skinny Legs" (as I will refer to him as) was trying to get with me. But I didn't give him no play. You know me being the little lady that I was (and still am), I didn't want my business all out in the school and trust when I say that if anything happen at The Castle, didn't stay at The Castle. You know folks especially hot and horny, drunk teens can't keep their mouths shut. So nothing ever went down with me and Skinny Legs - in high school.

Now at my pre-10 year high school reunion party, (it was a party for all the blackfolk who wasn't going to attend the official reunion with the Saltines) yes yall I'm that old - and quickly approaching my 20 year reunion, Skinny Legs shows up. He was looking very good. He now had a full goatee and grew into his body. I was looking good that night (of course) I had on a black leather mini skirt with a t-strap black body suit and a black seethrough knit shirt on with black boots. I was hot like Fiya that night and I knew it. Anyway enough with the fashion update, back to ole' boy. We talked and ended up exchanging contact information. Yall know how it goes down - boy asks girl for number, girl complies, they promise to keep in touch, yada yada yada. Well we did keep in touch for hot minute. He was living in Brooklyn and I was living at home.... We get together as his spot (cute apartment if I remember correctly), have a drink or two, and

Nothing happens! All I'm gonna say is - it wasn't for lack of attraction...You can fill in your own reason for the "do" not happening. Anyway we stay in contact for a while but loose touch. And I haven't seem him until tonight, about 9 years.

So I go up to him and tap his arm, "hey Skinny Legs." Him - "hey how are you?" We embrace and he gives me a kiss onto he check. Skinny Legs is looking FYNE! He has put on some weight but he will always be the slim type. Goatee full, lips nice and moist. Mmm mmm gooould! Him - "are you at still in the area." Me- "yup." He then looks me up and down in a very obvious way (which I liked) and then grabbed my left hand and turned it to see if there was a ring on my ring finger. Nope , none, nada. So I then take his hand and look to see if there was wedding band. Yup, umm hmm, damn! Dreams of rekindling an old crush down the tubes.

Of course I didn't let him know that I was secretly disappointed by this news, I congratulate him on his marriage - "congratulations!" He gives me that "yeah whatever look."
Fellas can you please answer me this - why do you guys (not all but many I know) always have the sad "yeah whatever" look on your face when a single woman wishes you and your wife/girlfriend well and you look at us as if to say 'i wish I weren't married.'?" then damn it don't get married then. Then Skinny legs asks to exchange info to keep in touch. Keeping in touch is fine but I hope he don't think that I'm gonna be his chick on the side. There is nothing in that for me. But the thought is delicious! We'll see if he calls. What do you think - he calls or no call?

6 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    I believe a dude is never "ready" to get married. It just happens. And he is sort of sad he no longer has the opportunity to be on the prowl. It's in our nature.

    KZ

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said…

    Umm Umm Ummm... you forgot to mention. The Party was thrown by Yours Truly Big Daddy Slish and The Urban Soul Connection. As a matter of fact if I recall correctly it was one of the best parties your home town has ever seen...GIVE ME MY PROPS!!!!!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    Phoenix...this is classic. THey all do it, which is why i am not sure I want to marry. We can be boos forever maybe and that way you not feelin all miserable cause you married to me and I am not wanting to kick your azz because you asked me to marry you when you really didn't want to be married. We can kick it until we sick of each other...maybe?? *scratchin my head* Ok so I don't know what I want but I digress...

    You don't want to be bothered with feeling this dude and having to curb those feelings causeof his situation. If he calls tell to call you when she is his ex wife (and she will be truss)...

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Zed - Damn you just dashed my hopes of ever being married. LOL

    @ slish - damn it. it's my blog and it's about me not you. always trying to steal somebody elses spotlight.

    @ Roycee - You can trust I don't have any feelings about him other than he was a crush and a cutie. like I said about Spankinazz I ain't no home recker.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    Spankinazz is married...WOW!!!

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    Spankinazz will be married the early part of July if I'm correct. I'm still tryin to get invited to the bachelor party. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home