And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Better Homes and Gardens

The last day of finals for my kiddies was last Thursday (thank GOD). After work I had to go a retirement shindig for the social worker here. It was at this psychologist house in Greenwich, CT. Let me tell you just how fabulous this house was. It looked as if I had just stepped into the pages of Better Homes and Garden or one of those magazines where they feature homes of the rich and famous. First of all to get there I was driving on streets that had horse ranches on them and farms. I get to the street that the psychologist lives "Private Road". Only 7 houses on the street if you want to say that was a street. I get to the house - I pull up to a gate and had to be buzzed in. This house was PHAT - long circular driveway leading up to the front of the house where 7 visiting cars fitted. Mind you they already have one garage and are building another one. The new garage looks like a small house.

So as you walk in the house all you see is space. To the right is the formal living room and off the formal living room is a den. Mind you there is a fire place in both. To the right of the entrance is a staircase leading to the second floor. I didn't have an opportunity to go upstairs, but I can only imagine. Past the staircase was the formal dining room which can seat 22 people. The table looked fit for a King. Off the formal dining room was, for all you cooks out there, the kitchen to die for. It was so big. All the appliances were flushed to the walls. It had two islands and a full size (seats at least 8) dining room table. It had a two sinks and the refrigerator was on of those stainless steel joints. The stove was the kind made for a serious cook. And get this on one of the islands there was a draw you pull out and it was an ice maker. I was blown away. Off the kitchen there was a butler's pantry. Very nice. The back yard was designed for entertaining. They have two full service grills out there. They have plenty of seating areas. They have an infinity pool, a grass tennis court and a putting green. To top it off they have a pool house.

It was sick to think about how much this house would go for - about $10million (someone asked). I got to go into the pool house to change my clothes, I had to leave from there and go to a graduation where I was speaking at. The pool house has to be at least 10,000 square feet. The bathroom alone was huge. It puts the pool house that the "Fresh Prince" lived in on the show to shame.

All I can say is damn - it must be nice.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    Whatcha shoulda done...drove home real quick...packed a suitcase, drove back to the house and while no one was looking...ran upstairs unpacked your bag and made yourself at home... Just mooooved on in. Not like they couldn't afford another mouth...or two.

    I just sayin'....for the summer...like a summer house...then moved on back home mid August or September. Man, who would you be hurtin'?
    LOL

    *he PhoeNIX

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    I know they should let me house sit. I would have the pool party of a life time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home