And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Heart Broken

Cleveland


I must go back in order to go forward
I need to say goodbye
Farewell to what I’ve come to love

My love for you took me by surprise
The idea of you was inviting
The reality of you was too good to be true
I was intrigued, my interest sparked

You had much to offer, much to share, much to teach, much to give, much to take
I explored you, I learned about you – from you

I shared in your seasons
Shivered with you when it was cold
Smiled with you when it was sunny
When you were unsure what the season was, I decided for you
I stood tall in the strongest of winds
I stayed in the shade so you could shine

One of the things I loved most about you was that you were rugged and refined
Suburban and urban
You fed me from your lake
I cooked local crops and made aromatic dished in my kitchen
We drew closer in the serenity of your green courses
You offered an arena to my passion
A harmonic dance of sport

But as the earth spun, so did the love affair
My love was no longer enough to keep you wet like the summer raindrops on your sidewalks

There wasn’t enough space in your harbor for me
You cast me out like the tall ships at the dock
So subtly you let me go
I didn’t realize the departure would be as it was
I didn’t get the closure I needed to what I thought was going to be my final resting place
When I do finally rest, I will remember the welcome not the farewell.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Phoenix...so when are we taking our trip out there. We've been talking about it for some time now. It's time to do it.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger POPS said…

    this has me mad emotional right now. and i don't even know you. but it's real like that. this is lovely.

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said…

    You should send that shit to him. I heard he ain't out in cleveland anymore..Rumor has it he's in nyc and JOBLESS.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    I don't even know what to say...
    You said alot more than these words mean/read/convey...

    ~"Suburban yet urban"
    ~"When I do finally rest, I will remember the welcome not the farewell".... Niiiice!!

    *we should get together again...before the BBQ in August...and strategize a plan to get it us into Home & Gardens...LOL

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Lightweight - yeah we gotta make our trip soon.

    @ Pops - thanks for reading. emotions are good. they remind us were are human.

    @slish - oh word. Back huh, well karma is a muthafucker.

    @Blah - Yeah this poem says alot. I still got directions to the house. they'll never hear us coming. lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home