And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Do You Have a Recurring Dream

I've been plagued by this recurring dream for years. I don't know why but every so often, about twice a year a have this stupid dream. Every time I have some details are a little different but the outcome is the same. It has me talking to some Saltine man and he is telling me that I failed 11th grade English and that all of my diplomas are invalid. He goes on to tell me that I will have to redo 11th grade English. In the dream I begin to panic and sweat. I try to explain to the man, whose face I haven't been able to make out, that I passed 11th grade English and there must be some mistake. He is certain that he is correct and that my employer will be notified as well as the two colleges I went to for my bachelors and masters.

The dream goes on and on like this everytime I have it. I wake to find myself questioning did I forget to do something in high school, was there a lesson I didn't learn, what could it be. I haven't been able to make heads or tales of this dream for years. It's kind of haunting. If in the dream the man said I failed Trig, Precalculus or French then the dream would be more realistic. Those are the subjects I struggled with in high school. But I know I passed English with good grades. I thought my 11th grade English teacher Mrs. Dierking looked like a witch. She had jet black hair and wore this awful dark lipstick. But she was nice and a good teacher.

I hope to one day find out the meaning of this dream so I don't dream it twice a year.

I just thought I 'd share some of my madness, since that is what I dreamt last night. What is your recurring dream?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger G. Mo said…

    The recurring dream is a crazy thing aint it??? I've been having the same dream since I was about 10 or so. The dream always starts off in a different scenario. Sometimes I'm a ball player and cheerleaders are chasing me. Sometimes I'm a criminal and the cops are chasing me. Sometimes I'm a rappper and groupies are chasing me. Those are just three of numerous scenarios that the dream starts off with.

    However I always end up on top of this high rise building. In each dream I'm always at the same builing being chased by whomever. In an effort to get away, I try to climb down the side, but always end up falling. Right before I hit the ground, I wake-up. Most of the time I wake up sweating or feeling really cold. To this day, I have no clue what to make of this dream.

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    Well let me know if you ever find out the meaning of your dream. I hope it doesn't mean you are gonna end up a criminal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home