And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Poem for Yall

I thought I'd post this to support RMACK's last post.
We Are With You

For brothers everywhere who are keeping on when life is tough.
Don’t give up on tomorrow.
But why shouldn’t you when you say no one can feel your hearts sorrow.

That is not so, you are not by yourself in your plight,
There are sisters with your in your fight.
You face hardships that we cannot measure.
But it is your perseverance and manhood that we treasure.

Times are hard but when were they not.
Your African ancestor brothers were great men or have you forgot

5 Comments:

  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger So...Wise...Sista said…

    Hey Phoenix...
    That was so great! And I know you speak for countless other sistas, myself included. Shame that so many brothers don't already know we got their backs. Maybe that's bec of the relentless pursuit of getting US from the back. lol

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ So Wise - yup I agree wiht you on getting at us from the back. lol
    But for real, if they'd take a moment to see the whole forest and not just the tree they'd see us supporting them and even sacrificing for them. what they usually recognise is when that sista is tried of supporting them with out a thank you evey now and then and she is ready to give up cause he has made it too hard for her to keep being supportive. Whew!

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    Love it! We don't lift our brothas up enough...I really am feeling this, and remind them africans that we're doing it cause I swear they blind azzes keep forgetting

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    I like this...
    They din't forget...just affirmation...again...and again...and again.

    ummma, you been MIA for a minute...
    .....waiitng....

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    Thanks everyone for reading my poem. I've been on a bit of a hiatus so to speak. but I'm back for now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home