And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Life After the BBQ

The BBQ was great and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I really need to big-ups my partners in crime for the day - Lightweight and Slish. Thanks to all who came from near and far to spend some time with "family". (stay tuned to find out about our next function).....

After the BBQ I had all intentions to hang out with Royce's Daughter and her girls and Lightweight and whomever else. But as you can already guess my body had other plans for me. I was beat, tired, dead. I had to get up the next morning and drive to Virginia to pick up my great niece. I know you are saying, "Phoenix must be out of her mind." I'm beginning to agree with you. To drive 7 hours right after a long ass day is way too much for anyone.

Well I picked up Momma Phoenix (my mom) and we began our journey at about 11:15 and got to Newport News to my sister's house at 7:30ish. Thank goodness Momma Phoenix did most of the driving this time cause if it were left up to me I would have ended up around a tree or something. We hung out with my sister for the next 2 days. Then on Tuesday we picked up my little darling - Destinee. She is too much. Two and a half years of personality. She is much like her dad, my nephew when he was her age, funny, mean, smart, precious and full of energy.

We drive back and get to my place about 1 am. What time do you think Miss Missy went to sleep? 4:00 am. So you know I am exhausted to the enth degree. She is the type of birth control money can't buy. I would love children but if that is not in my cards then I'm okay with that. Actually as of today I don't need to have any kids. I work with them all school year and I get My Precious for a week in the summer. I'm burnt out.

I do empathize with parents. I know what it is like to want to go out but you have no baby sitter or you want to take a nap but the baby won't go to sleep. So I have about 5 more days to go, a small break and then back to school for me.

I'm a great auntie and I love my great niece, niece and nephew, but doing this full time - well let's just say I'm not sure I would do as a good job.


So this is life after the BBQ (this year).

8 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    so life has been divided into pre and post bbq huh?

    i think i just got jealous all over again!

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    yeah for now that is how it is. the before and after.

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    What grade do you teach?

    Crumb-snatchers are over-rated...they eat up all your food, they wanna talk about everything and even stuff you've never even thought of, they will run you ragged...they are really cute when they sleep though....LOL

    Will (another blogger) wanted me to send out the invitation to his B-day party this Saturday...I have to find it...but I will be forwarding it to you.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    My post BBQ life is much better than my pre BBQ life. I think I got a "spark".

    KZ

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Blah - I'm a middle school guidance counselor. The blogger Will looks familiar to me did he go to college on LI?

    @ KZ - Well I'm glad post BBQ life for someone is great. Can you lend me the spark when you are finished?

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger onefromphilly said…

    Thank you for such a nice outting. We all know how much energy and it it takes to pull off an event like that, so we understood that you were beat. We'll get a chance to hang out. I see that you will need all of your energy in about two weeks.
    MIDDLE SCHOOL??!! God bless you!

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ onefromPhilly- yeah please pray that I will have the energy after i take my niece back and get my mind right for my 6th graders.

    We'll have to hang soon. I may be down in DC for Howards homecoming.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    Good post...awwww little Destinee!!! I've seen pics but never met her. I know she is precious. And of course I'm with you. Now that I have my niece I think I am good. My Dad hates hearing me talk like this but the older I get the more uninterested I become in the birthing and rearing process LOL!!

    See you in DC soon!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home