And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Okay I Can't Seem To Let This Go

Just an observation - for the past few days TV and the internet and newspapers have been bombarding us with stories about the aftermath of Katrina. What unnerves me is that media should have been continuously covering this story all year long. Yeah yeah I know it's the 1 year anniversary, but damn the victims have been struggling everyday since it happened. With all the stories and reports, I still haven't heard about any "real" solutions. Ray Nagin and his yella azz keeps saying, "we will rebuild New Orleans." Who gives a fuck if they rebuild it or not. How about this - "we will provide mental health services, job training, medical care, and quality education for the citizens of New Orleans. We will help with housing."

I get angry when I see that the French Quarter is thriving but the ordinary citizen doesn't even have a grocery store to go to. WTF? I've been to N'Orleans twice in my life as a teen. It is a very poor city but with so much to offer. I think that the government and the army corps of engineers for years has ignored N'Orleans and hope that its problems would disappear or no one would bring it to national attention. Then BOOM - along comes Katrina. I know some 44 long (white male) was sitting someplace saying, "shit this is just what we don't need. If we look busy dealing with other things (Tsunami, Ben Laden, etc) maybe no one will notice." Yeah they (gov't) didn't notice, but how the fuck could we not notice? The government really thinks We The People are really stupid. It is really them who are really stupid.

How can we the "richest" country in the world be the dumbest country in the world? We need to stop fighting other countries battles and focus on our own. Let the Muslims and Israelis fight their shit out. That conflict has been going on since biblical days. Damn if you really get into it that conflict was a Muslim and Christian war - The Crusades. But anyway sorry to digress.

Bring our troops home and let them build housing, hospitals, schools, etc. in New Orleans since they seem to be so good at it over seas. Let the military send out special forces to negotiate peace treaties and cease fires between the gangs, since "there is some much violence now happening.

sidebar: for yall who don't know the military has special units that go into "villages" in Iraq to negotiate with the village leader for information, passage through, surrender of "bad guys", etc. And their negotiating tool - money. They pay the village money for this things. I know because someone I know is over there right now doing just that job.

Katrina and its aftermath will have effect on the next two if not more generations. Kids are messed up behind this real bad. I pray for all the kids that are having a difficult time behind all of this. I'm sure they are or will suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. The government can't just put a bandaide on this and think that everything is gonna be just fine. They have to do some real work - but we know that is not gonna happen cause we are a country of lazy fucks run by lazy fucks.

thanks for listening.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I just stumbled across your blog. I wanted to let you know that my Aunt lives in N'Orleans, well just outside, her house still isn't fixed, but she is a child psychologist. She said that the majority of her patients are children still dealing with the trauma of Katrina. So, know that there is help, maybe not enough, but there are people down there trying to help the children.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ anonymous - I'm glad to hear that there is someone down there helping. Thanks for stopping by, come back and visit.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger onefromphilly said…

    I know how you feel. I can't let it go either. I heard this morning on the news that there may still be bodies in some of the homes. I ain't going to front here, cause I wasn't an A student in college, so I ain't the brightest bulb in the box. But damn, you can't rebuild until you clean up. A year later, trash, rubble, debris, all over the ninth ward still sits. They can't repair the basic infrastructure until, they remove the debris first. Damn y'all let's get back to basics.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ OnefromPhilly: girl I hear you on that. clean the place up. It's probably so toxic they have to wait.

    @ RMack - yeah I caught the Spike Lee documentary. Ray Nagin better watch himself before they melt his buttery ass into the gulf. You know Saltines are just waiting for him to make one huge mistake.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home