And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Stolen MEME

Yes I got this from Organized Noise.


1. How tall are you barefoot? 5 feet, 3 inches tall, but that doesn't matter lying down

2. Have you ever flown first-class? Yes once when I was a girl. My aunt was the flight attendant on the plane and got me and my mom moved up to first class. I also go a chance to fly like real rich people - I went from Cleveland to Philly on Gordon Gund's G-4. All I have to say about that is OH MY Goodness - Sweet!

3. One of your favorite books when you were a child?The Mixed Up Files Of Mrs Basil E. Frankwilder.

4. A good restaurant in your city?Depends on the cuisine: Italian - Carmine's, Tony DiNapoli's and Pastina's in Hartsdale, Caribbean - Negril or Maroon's, Asian - Ruby Foo's, BBQ - Virgil's, Seafood - City Crab or Ricky's in Yonkers, Cajun - The Bayou in Mt. Vernon, Soul - my mom's house, Tex Mex - Blue Moon in Bronxville, Desert - The Cheesecake Factory in White Plains

5. What is your favorite small appliance? Umm my vvviiibbrraattorrrrrrr

6. One person that never fails to make you laugh? Umm I can only thnk of myself. Everyone should be able to laugh at themself and not take themself so seriously.

7. What's your favorite Christmas song? The Christmas song - by Nat King Cole

8. What was the first music that you ever bought? That song "Nasty Girl" by Vanity 6. I still love that song.

9. Do you do push-ups? Yes - just started with my trainer and I did 45 the first time (three sets of 15)

10. What was one of your favorite games as a child? football, tag, and double dutch

11.What is the one thing that you cook that always receives compliments? Rice and beans, Mac & cheese, meatballs, lamb chops, cube steaks and rice

12. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?An actress. lawyer, a writer, fashion designer

13. Your favorite Soup of the Day? Chicken with veggies

14. What in your life are you most grateful for? My mother, she sacrificed so much for me and my sister. She is the best.

15. Have you ever met someone famous? Yes. Holly Robinson, Todd Bridges, Jeff Redd, Kevin Garnet, Andre Miller and all the Cleveland Cavaliers of 2002 season, Jim Paxson, Nelly, Q and Daron of 112, Ludacris, Charles Way (played for the NYGiants) , Blair Underwood, Malcom Jamal Warner, Mike Epps, Rashid Wallace, Shaq, LaBron James, Trick Daddy, Diana Williams (a newscaster in NYC), DMX, Jason Williams, DJ Red Alert, Talent, Field Mobb, Shawnna. and they all had the pleasure of meeting ME!

16. Date Of Birth? Jan. 8, 1969. I except birthday gifts at anytime of the year.

17. Top 3 thoughts at this exact moment: a) why am I still awake, b) wondering what am I going to do tomorrow, c) I'm glad I got my car fixed

18. Three people you're thinking about right now: a) Lightweight's mom - wishing her a fast recovery, b) my nephew, c) my friend who told me where to take my car to get it fixed

19. Name five drinks you regularly drink: Water, sprite, cranberry juice, gatorade, diet coke

20. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news? MSNBC, Channel 7 News

21. Current hair? In need of washing so it's looking busted.

22. Current worry? That I'm going to have a challenging school year ( I work in a middle school)

23. Current hate?Umm I think if you read my last few posts my mind had been focused on New Orleans so I guess that would be my big "hate", the other hate is that the summer is ending and I have to go back to work.

24. Favorite place to be? Sitting on a tropical beach with a drink in my hand

25. Least favorite place to be? At work

26. Do you consider yourself well organized? Sometimess it depends on what I need to be organized for.

27. Do you believe in a afterlife? Yes I do, why not?

28. Where do you think you will be in 10 Yrs? I have no idea, but I hope not in the same place I am now because I would have never thought I would be where I am now. My life is way different than what I thought it was going to be 10 years ago.

29. Do you burn or tan? Both.

30. Who was the last blogger you hung out with? all the bloggers that came up to the BBQ

31. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the future? Optimistic

32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?This evening, a glass of wine

33. What songs do you sing in the shower? ususally a gospel song that the choir I'm in is practicing.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a kid? Freddie Krugger

35. What's in your pockets right now? nada

36. Last thing that made you laugh? Something that Lightweight said.

37. Best bed sheets you had as a child? It was of three cartoon Bears. One of them had a big afro and one was really short.

38. Worst injury you've ever had? Two sprained knees at the same time.

39. Favorite song? Too many to list.

40. How many TV's do you own? Three but only two are working

41. In the last calendar year, how many people have you told that you love them? My mom, my sister, my niece and nephew, my great niece, a few friends, my grandma.

42. Last person that made you blush? It's been a while, so I don't remember.

43. Best Compliment received? You are smart, beautiful and single, stay that way.

44. What song is in your head? "Let your shoulder lean" I woke up to one of my neighbors blasting that and haven't gotten out of my head since.

45. What is your favorite book? Whatever I'm reading at the moment and that happens to be" Dreams from My Father" by Barack Obama.

46. Last meal you cooked for the opposite sex? Cheeseburger and fries

47. What songs do you want played at your wedding? I have no idea. Is there a song that says something like "I can't Believe this is really happening"? LOL

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Great is thy Holiness or Eye is on the Sparrow"

49. What were you doing at 12 midnight last nigh? Sleeping.

50. What would you like to accomplish with the remaining years of your life?
I would love to have a career where I feel fulfilled and was valued. I would like to travel more. I would love to find out what God's purpose for my life is and do what ever that may be!

10 Comments:

  • At 2:21 AM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    ooh i like this one and i really like that you sing in the choir. if i could sing i would join the choir, they always tell me that it doesn't matter whether or not i can sing but that's by folks who have never heard me sing before...

    i might have to still this one. I'm a MeMe thief!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Miss Anmed - it's ok to steal it, I stole it from Organized Noise. As for singing in the choir, go for it. We have some new member and lets just say - they ain't never sang before "anywhere" lol

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger ChezNiki said…

    I was telling my co-worker about the Community Choir I sing with. You do have to audition and so long as you can hold a tune, they will work with you. But if you are completely tone deaf, you may be asked to try again next year!!LOL

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    I applaud your answer to #1.

    I will put Junior's cheesecake up against the cheesecake factory's cheesecake any day of the week.

    Jeff Redd . . . a classic one hit wonder. "You Called And Told Me" still gets them jumpin' in the clubs

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ CheznIkki - anyone can join out choir. No auditions. lol

    @ Organized Noise - Let me clarify something for #1 it does matter to me if you are a short man though. :-)

    I love Juniors cheesecakes but the Cheesecake Factory is closer to where I live and they have a bigger selection to choose from.

    Oh and trust I still get up and groove to Jeff Redd when it's played.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said…

    Lies all LIES I tell Ya!!!

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Slish - shut yo mouth - don't be mad cause you are short

    @ Scrivo - yup 5 feet 3 inches barefoot! :-) some days it's all spirit that gets me by.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ RMack - Oh I'm blushing alright! (cheesin real hard)

    I have a wonderful height...... :-)

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger BZ said…

    You poor thing! @ #44

    AMEN! @ #50 (I'm blessed to finally know my purpose and am working toward it. Keep praying that He opens your eyes to see the path He's outlined for you. That He paints a picture and makes it plan and teaches you the strength, determination and PATIENCE to remain on it!) *huggs*

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @bz- I hope I'm able to hear when the Father is speaking to me about my purpose. thanks for the words of encouragement!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home