And from the ashes the Phoenix shall rise.....

This blog will contain stories, thoughts, poems, rants and anything else I have on my mind. It is not intended for who take themself or life too seriously. I hope you enjoy my writings. Peace.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

WANTED

In a conversation I was having with a friend of mine the other day the topic of what do we want in a mate came up. I thought it was a good topic So here is what my list would look like if it were a "Wanted" poster (in no particular order).

Wanted:
A man preferable African American
Brown/dark skinned (darker than me)
Between the ages of 35 and 41
Physically, mentally and spiritually healthy
Educated - college degree preferred, not required
Height over 5 feet 9 inches, but negotiable
Employed at a job he likes or owns his own business
Lives on his own without a roommate
Has his own car
Never been to jail
Likes to travel (has been places)
Likes all kinds of food (not just a chicken and potato guy)
Honest
Loyal
Not afraid to show his emotions to his woman
Keeps family first
Believes in God
Not opposed to going church
One child or less if he has never been married
Goes to the doctor at least once a year
Won't trip if his woman makes more money than he does
Like to surprise his woman with tokens of love (doesn't have to be always be a material object)
Respects his mother/sister/grandmother
Not afraid to hang out with woman or he with her
Communicates his needs
Listens to his woman's needs and tries to provide them
Not opposed to marriage
Believes in monogamy
Will share all household duties
Has same view on childrearing
Not a remote hog
He will have to be physically attractive to me (yes men, we women too are visual)


Now these are just some of the main points that I am looking for. I'm sure some guy would read this and wonder what I'm bringing to the table and my answer to him would be - ALOT! If interested please "apply within".

23 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    First . . .

    I looked over the job requirements and don't think I fully qualify for the job. Hell, you lost my young ass with requirement #2.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said…

    I liked this...would of been a good tag. I co-sign on all your wants and could ad a few of my own too!!!

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger onefromphilly said…

    Agree with your list and
    Add:
    Intelligent: can speak on numerous subjects
    Passionate: about something that affects the Black community
    Involved: in something that affect the Black community
    Motivated: a self starter. Don't be waiting for me to do stuff!!

    And (*ahem*)I would have to raise that age requirement LOL

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    @ onefromphilly . . . are you serious. I'm having a hard enough time with Phoenix's age requirement and you want to raise it. **shaking head**

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Deepak Gopi said…

    May all your wishes be fullfilled

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger onefromphilly said…

    @ Organized
    I'm a tad bit older than all y'all. BUT if properly motivated I could lower that age requirement. *wink*

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ ONoise - Of cousr if the right guy came along and he was younger than the age requirement I could be persuaded to change that requirement. Umm are you applying? LOL

    @ RD - I'd like to hear your add ons. I know they will be good.

    @ Onefrom Philly - Yeah I like your four. I'll have to use them as well. :-)

    @ Deepak - thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger BZ said…

    Lists are good to have. You know what you want and are that much more able to identify it now. :-)

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @BZ - yeah I like lists for the most part until I loose them and forget what was on them.

    @ Scrivo - I didn't say he had to go to church , just not be opposed to going if I ask him to come everynow and then (Xmas, Mother's day, Easter, etc.) (wink wink)

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ RMack - Hmmmmm. reas my response to ON. I'm not oppose to changing the age requirement for the "right" guy. (wink wink) Are you applying?

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    I'm everything you listed. Except for about 14 or 15 of 'em.

    Being attractive is overrated!

    KZ

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Zed - I said "attractive to me" what I find attractive, others may not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    @ onefromphilly & phoenix . . . I just might be interested. Apparently I'm not the only one though.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Org Nooise - alrighty then..... :-)

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    oh, this list is STELLAR. i'm definitely gonna steal this one.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Nikki - Please do and add a few of your own.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger G. Mo said…

    Oh dayummmmm, I was good til I got to the part about being a remote hog. I can't even front on that one, especially when there's a sporting event on. Hell, that doesn't really matter either cuz ESPN is on 24/7.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Iron- wow I didn't realize that I had 30 items down there. but now that you mentioned the 3 S's make that 33. lol

    @ GMo - I guess we would have to have separate TV's. (wink, grin)

     
  • At 2:25 AM, Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said…

    umm, i like the idea of naming what you want, i dunno if my list would be complete if he didn't like to attend football games and concerts though!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Miss Amad - I like going to concert and football games. If he didn't I'd leave his ass right at home. I've been know to go places by myself.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger ChezNiki said…

    WANTED: Young man single and free/Experience in love preferred/But will except a young trainee/Oooh/Gonna put it in the Want Ads...

    You old enough to remember that song, right?

    Your list sounds good. I would co-sign...except I prefer lighter(I guess opposites attract)29-41 and 6'0" or better and I have a weight requirement. He should be over 200 lbs, the taller the heavier. I will feed him well, but we have to start at a decent weight or he wont even look like he has a woman!
    LOL
    Good Post

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Organized Noise said…

    @ phoenix . . . we've already gone to one concert together (New Jack Swing), although not really together. That should count for something ;-)

    @ chez niki . . . that's from "Want Ads". I'm only 28 and I remember that song. Then again, it helps that Mary, Mary of all groups sampled it.

    Hell, I don't meet your age requirement either.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    @ Org. Noise - when are we going to our next concert?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home